The published admission number (PAN) for Meadows Primary School and Nursery is 60 children per year group.
All children are entitled to start in a Reception class in the September after their fourth birthday. Children do not, however, have to start school in September if it is felt that they are not ready. The statutory school age, by which a child must start school, will remain as the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday.
Parents should be aware that if they choose to delay a child's entry to school until the following September, the child could go straight into Year 1 rather than Reception.
Parents should contact the local authority to find out about admission arrangements and to apply for a place in school.
* You must apply if your child was born between 1st September 2015 – 31st August 2016.
* The closing date for applications is 15th January 2020
* You must apply even if your child is attending a nursery or pre-school on a school site or you have a child already attending the school
* Attending a nursery does not guarantee a school place.
* If a child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health & Care Plan the closing date is 31st October 2019
for all applications.
Oversubscription Criteria for all community schools:
* Where there is more demand for places in school than are actually available, the LA will allocate places in the following priority order:
1. Children who live in the school's defined attendance area.
If places are unavailable for all these local children, then places will be given first to:
a) Those children who will have on the day of admission, a brother(s) or sister(s) at the school; and then
b) On the basis of relative proximity and ease of access to the school as measured by the shortest available walking route
2. Any places which remain available will then be allocated to applicants from outside the school's defined attendance area in the following
a) Health reasons, in exceptional circumstances where there is written medical evidence that admission to a particular school is essential
for the medical wellbeing of a child;
b) To children who have, on the date of admission, a brother(s) or sister(s) at the school; and then
c) On the basis of relative proximity and ease of access to the school as measured by the shortest available walking route
* See website for more information www.telford.gov.uk/admissions or contact School Admissions at email@example.com
* If you do not have access to a computer you can go to your local library and use their computer facilities.