All children are entitled to start in a Reception class in the September after their fourth birthday. Children do not, however, have to start school in September if it is felt that they are not ready. The statutory school age, by which a child must start school, will remain as the beginning of the term after their fifth birthday.
Parents should be aware that if they choose to delay a child's entry to school until the following September, the child could go straight into Year 1 rather than Reception.
* You must apply if your child was born between 1st September 2013 – 31st August 2014.
* The closing date for applications is 15th January 2018
* You must apply even if your child is attending a nursery or pre-school on a school site or you have a child already attending the school
* Attending a nursery does not guarantee a school place.
* If a child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education, Health & Care Plan the closing date is 31st October 2017
for all applications.
* School places are allocated in line with oversubscription criteria.
* See website for more information www.telford.gov.uk/admissions or contact School Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org
* If you do not have access to a computer you can go to your local library and use their computer facilities.