As you may be aware, parents/carers of 3 and 4 year olds may be eligible for a further 15 hours free childcare in addition to the existing free 15 hours early education entitlement.
To qualify, you must be able to meet the following criteria:
* Both parents are working (or sole parent in a lone parent family) & each parent/carer earns on average:
* a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW) (for under 25 yr olds) or national living wage (NLW) (if over 25 yrs old), and less than £100,000 per year
* Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave or statutory sick pay,
* Or One parent is employed & the other parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring,
* Or One parent is employed & one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
Please click here to view the 'Talking Early Years and Childcare' information leaflet.
What to do next?
If you think that you qualify the next thing you need to do is register at:
The online form takes about 40 minutes to complete. Once you have been allocated your 11 digit code, you will need to contact the school office
to complete a declaration form and a place can then be confirmed. P
lease note that you will need to confirm your 11 digit code every three months.
** We have now reached the maximum number of places available for children eligible to receive the extended 30 hours funding. We are unable
to accept any new children at this current time. The situation may change in September 2020 when it is reviewed. **
We are also working in partnership with private and voluntary settings, such as day nurseries, preschools and childminders as part of our newly formed hub. If we are unable to offer the 30 hours within our nursery, as a hub we may be able to offer 15 hours at Meadows and 15 hours with one of our hub partners. Together we can offer 30 hours to those eligible and ensure quality provision, seamless transitions and joint planning to ensure the children receive a quality early education. Below are some of the providers working with us as part of the Hub:
‘Giggles Childcare’ Rachel Conroy - 01952 796448 or 07870273757
‘Crafty Tots’ Sharon Barratt - 07530302705
Private Childcare providers:
Central Park Nursery
Please contact the school office (or speak to a member of the nursery staff) if you require any further information.