From 1st September 2017, working parents/carers of 3 and 4 year olds may be eligible for a further 15 hours free childcare in addition to the existing free 15 hours early education entitlement.
To qualify, you must be able to meet the following criteria:
* Both parents are working (or sole parent in a lone parent family) & each parent/carer earns on average:
* a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at national minimum wage (NMW) (for under 25 yr olds) or national living wage (NLW) (if over 25 yrs old), and less than £100,000 per year
* Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave or statutory sick pay,
* Or One parent is employed & the other parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring,
* Or One parent is employed & one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits.
Please click here to view the 'Talking Early Years and Childcare' information leaflet.
What to do next?
If you think that you qualify the next thing you need to do is register at:
The online form takes about 40 minutes to complete. You will then receive an 11 digit code which must be given to both the universal provider and
the extended offer provider to ensure you are not charged for the extra hours.
Please note that you will need to confirm your 11 digit code every three months.
What are we offering at Meadows?
Our Nursery is still providing the universal free 15 Hours. This means that your child will still be able to receive the 15 hours free child care per week during term time, either five mornings (08.40 -11.40am) or five afternoons (12.20 – 3.20pm).
We are working in partnership with some of our local child minders and settings who are able to provide the remaining 15 hours per week to make up the 30 hour free entitlement.
Please click on the links below for further information about the childminders / childcare providers we are working with:
‘Giggles Childcare’ Rachel Conroy - 01952 796448 or 07870273757
‘Crafty Tots’ Sharon Barratt - 07530302705
Private Childcare providers:
Central Park Nursery
Please contact the school office (or speak to a member of the nursery staff) if you require any further information.