Years 1 – 6
At Meadows Primary School we follow the 2014 National curriculum which covers the following subjects:
Art and Design
Design and technology
We also teach Religious education and the children take part in a daily act of collective worship. In addition to these subjects we include PSHCE on our timetable (Personal, Social, Health, Citizenship and Economic education).
The attachments below set out the curriculum content in year groups for Years 1 – 6.
All curriculum areas have a contribution to make towards children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
· To ensure that everyone connected with the school is aware of our vision and aims
· To ensure a consistent approach to the delivery of SMSC issues through the curriculum and the general life of the school
· To ensure that a pupil’s education is set within a context that is meaningful and appropriate to their age, aptitude and
· To ensure that pupils know what is expected of them and why
· To give each pupil a range of opportunities to reflect upon and discuss their beliefs, feelings and responses to personal
· To enable pupils to develop an understanding of their individual and group identity
· To enable pupils to begin to develop an understanding of their social and cultural environment and an appreciation of
the many cultures that now enrich our society
· To give each pupil the opportunity to explore social and moral issues, and develop a sense of social and moral
|Long term new curriculum plan 2016 .pdf [ pdf | 4mb ]|
|Curriculum_Overview_for_Years_1-6.pdf [ pdf | 5mb ]|
|EYFS Curriculum.pdf [ pdf | 1mb ]|
|Science Introduction and Overview.pdf [ pdf | 1mb ]|
|Spiritual Moral Social and Cultural Values Policy.pdf [ pdf | 3mb ]|
|meadows-primary-school-mathematics-policy-revised-march-2017.pdf [ pdf | 2mb ]|
|English Primary Planning.pdf [ pdf | 23mb ]|